Thursday, November 06, 2008

God Needs a Man/ Abraham is Chosen

Opening Activity: Celebration Center (Cha-cha slide)

Review Rules: (optional)

Lesson Concepts: God Needs a Man
  • God made Adam – he disobeyed. People became wicked.
  • God chose Noah and saved him & his family – People again disobeyed and became wicked.
  • God chose Abram and called him to obey.

Lesson In Action:
Facilitator: Ann
Timeline Review – Three visiting Characters
  • Adam–(Jimmy) God made me and was my friend. I failed him and disobeyed.
  • Noah-(Larry) Man was very wicked. God called me to build an ark to save the animals and my family. After the flood man became wicked and disobeyed God.
  • Abram–(Josh) After the flood, Noah and his sons had many children. After many years there were many people on the earth again. They built cities and became very busy with their lives. Most of them became very wicked and disobeyed God. But not me. I loved God. I remember how he saved Noah and his family and when the other kids became wicked and disobeyed God, I did not. One day, God called me and told me to leave my family and my friends and go to a far away land that He would show me. I had to decide if I loved God more than my family and my friends, I had to choose to obey God or to disobey him.

Memory Verse: By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to set out for a place. Heb. 11:8

  • How about you? Will you obey God? Do you love God enough to obey Him?

Altar Call
  • Individual Counseling for Salvation – (Sherry & Jimmy)
  • Deeper commitment-for ones remaining.

Father Abraham Song

Sword training-
  • Put names in Bibles
  • Look up memory verses to this point

Materials:
  • Candy for Bibles (to be given getting off bus)-Marie, Ann
  • Willie George Salvation Materials- Sherry
  • Cha-cha Slide/CD player – Ann

No comments: