Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Theme: The Christmas Story
Power Verse: God Made Me
Objective: The children will learn that Jesus is the best gift of all.
Bathroom duty: Melody
Early Arrival Game: Randy
* Game #1:Nativity Bowling
o Wisemen will be taped to the bowling pins
Praise/Worship: Rita (Make sure you know where the music is)
Power Verse: Rita
Story: Wanda & Randy
* The story of the Wisemen bearing gifts to Jesus using flannel graph pieces.
* Children will cut out 3 wisemen figurines and put on popsicle sticks. 2-3 yrs olds will have them pre-cut prior to class time. The children will color them before putting them on the sticks.
* flannel graph board and pieces
* wisemen cut outs
* popsicle sticks
Sunday, Decmeber 14, 2008
Objective: The children will learn that Jesus is the best gift.
Bathroom: Melody (this is a position that will rotate monthly by the women)
Early Arrival activities: (Melody)
Game #1: Children will make sheep out of cotton balls, clothes pins, eyeballs and Popsicle sticks.
Opening: Puppet skit-Randy
Power Verse: Randy
Story: Susan and Faith
* children will dress as characters in the Nativity as Faith tells the story and directs the children
* Puppet Skit-Randy??????( I need to know what it is about. I cannot just put puppet skit on the blog)
BATHROOM BREAK AT THIS TIME BEFORE MOVING INTO ROOMS FOR CRAFT/SNACK/GAMES
Craft: Christmas tree ornament using puzzle pieces (Melody)
* Costumes for Nativity story
* crowns for kings
* boxes as gifts (Wanda)