Monday, November 06, 2006

Ruling the world can be a depressing job

Sometimes it is easy to fall into a funk. And not the cool kind from the 70's, but the kind that boxes you in, gets you into or out of your groove. Sometimes getting into your groove is a problem and other times it's getting out of your groove that's a problem.

So let me start by apologizing for the inconsistent posts from last week. I've been FUNKY hahaha.

I guess sometimes knowing you should be ruling the world and having to sit and answer phones at a seemingly dead end job seems a little pointless. Don't know if you've been there or not but it can be a difficult place... Enough of my pity party and on to changing the world.

I have a question... and you will hear alot about this in weeks to come.

What makes Islam such a rampant and viable religion?
Hint: It Ain't 40 virgins waiting in heaven!


What makes Buddhism and Zen the Religion of Thinking Leaders?
Hint: It ain't a little fat man with 3 eyes!


What makes Christianity the slowest growing (in the U.S.) of all of the major religions?
Hint: It might have something to do with "the reason you get saved is to go to heaven"!


Let me hear what you think!
And if you don't comment I'm hunting you down ... you will regret it LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hum....very, very good question. The kind of question that actually makes you think. And what it makes me think is about the passion behind each of these very different religions.
If Christians were as passionate as say Islamics or Muslims, then why would we complain about meeting for an extra thrity minutes? I do not really think that an Islam or Muslim would complain when it was time for them to go get on their face and pray to whatever god they pray too.
If Christians were as committed an Islam or a Muslim person, then readjusting our schedule to come to coporate prayer or make it on time to an outreach would not be quite as difficult as we make it. I can't really see an order coming to an Islam or Muslim person to complete an act of terrisom and them refusing.

I am talking to myself as much as anyone else. The major difference I see is lifestyle. Islamics are Islamic ALL the time. Muslims are Muslim ALL the time. Buddist are Buddist ALL the time. AM I A CHRISTIAM ALL THE TIME? DO I ACT LIKE JESUS DOES ALL THE TIME? Why or why not? Why....why NOT!?

Anonymous said...

My initial response is... The American mentality, is a "ME FIRST" attitude. -And this mindset is what motivates Christians in America. We would rather settle for "Ishmael" instead of "Isaac", thinking that we have "Isaac" when we really have "Ishmael". We've deceived ourselves into thinking that we are "sent ones" when we really are "went ones," because we've got to look like we're "doing something for God." We have a "don't want to work or wait for anything" mentality. ...where's the fun, the power, and authority in all that?