Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm feeling poetic

I'm just feeling poetic... just be sure you look deeper than my AMAZING WRITING ABILITY (yes for those of you who miss subtleties... that is sarcasm).

Riddle me this and Riddle me that
I may not be afraid of the big black bat,
Alone in the dark I can boldly stand
no shivers no fear, no need of weapon in hand,

but put me in a room with a crowd full of leaders
my stomach it turns and my hands they quiver
not from fear of stage nor fright of their might
but by my own insecurity glaring in the spotlight

My inability to lead, will it be reavealed...
or can I keep my facade up and keep all sealed
I know I'll fight and come on real strong
or maybe keep my mouth shut and make it back home

Balance I seek, yet falling I fail, the problem;
aim for center and you will wind up on your tail
you must overcompensate, ignore what critics say
throw to the right and your balance will stay

push to the left and dive to the right
maybe a left hook, even a right
it's the action that brings balance
and keeps me upright

yet somewhere inside a voice always rings
you really can't do it, you just make a big scene
you really are fake, one day they'll know
one day you'll mess up and away it will go

I fight and I fight, escape ne'r I see
the voice of conscience? weakness? or insecurity?
I sit here and ponder and I will stand there and glare
not from frustration but from the question "Do you dare?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really gonna digest this a while.