Monday, October 02, 2006

Seperation? Is it possible

(For those of you looking forward to the second half of the respect article it will be posted later this evening or first thing tomorrow due to a prior engagement by the writer)

Instead, you get me. I have to ask a question that I truly have no answer to. Is it possible to seperate who you are from what you do? If so ... How?

I have heard my entire life that the two must be seperate, yet for the life of me I can't wrap a complete understanding of how to do that.

Here is my conundrum. If I know who I am, then what I do will reflect that. If I am passionate about what I am doing then I most certainly believe that it "becomes a part of me". Ie. Attending church is part of who I am, not out of religious habit, but because it is something that is a part of who I am. So what I do is suddenly a part of who I am.

HELP!!! How am I to seperate what I do from who I am? Should I? if I shouldn't why not? I'm totally open to any answers... I just have idea where to even start to look for wisdom and understanding. So I guess I do have an idea...YOU GUYS! Have at me, rip me to shreds if you like, I just need some answers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken,
Make a list of all the things that you are good - great at.

Then make a list of things that you have never tryied Or things that you could never think you could do.

This second list will be the seperation you could be looking for. Until you acheave the very good at it there will be Seperation.

You are a Man of and for God, with God? no seperation.

What if you never know him would this be seperation?

"SEGURO"

Anonymous said...

As a man thinks in his heart, so IS he. My thoughts determine who I am. My thoughts also determine what I do. So, what I do and who I am starts as inseparable, inside of my "heart". There's no way to seperate the two when I look at that way. Both come from the same place.