Monday, January 29, 2007

Where I go nobody knows!

Softly stealing through the silent winter wood

the soft snow crunching the pines swaying heavy with ice.

Delightfully wonderous innocence... softly softly softly.


Stealing night, lonely and arrogant.

Blackness dancing the waltz upon each sill.

Sighs of delight no innocence just emptiness... stealing stealing stealing.


Bright blazing sun, blistered parched lips thirsty for dew.

A draft? A bird? no like innocence swiftly fleeting falling in minds

Painful sear, delightful tear, even salt moisture a delight ... bright bright bright.


Dark alleys, black nights

searing sun's, allah's light

cold winds dancing, drifting with each shimmer

hope on a horizon, miles miles miles.


single beacon shine
brighter fire climb

leap and dance chase me now
release this soul of mine


**** Anyone care to interpret?****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The title is great, For I do not know where I will go, I have dreams, and goals, but truth be told I don't know where I will go. Just like I did not know I would be where I am today!

The first paragraph speaks of a child like innocene fresh and bright just pure beauty, but in the second it speaks of darkness and emptiness and the night taking away. Then the next talks of the heat and pain the sun place upon one.

I took this in understanding that we all start out with an innonce an expecting a pureness, but then the darkness of life slowly creeps in and the reality that everything isn't so pure, everything is not so safe is realized. And over time in the heat with in life things that cause pain happens. You get burned. And in that pain you may forget the dreams, the innocence, the purity of life. And as time passes hope can be lost or is lost and it seems so far away.

And the pain felt and the darkness and emptiness there seems to be a cry to come out of some shed of light, for that hope to be reborn and for the soul which carries all of this to just let go!

Ken Hendrix said...

Wow someone commented!!! I'm so excited! Kave I think you interpretation certainly followed alot of what I was thinking. Glad you could make it fit to you. Wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I wrote it, but thats the point of poetry... to inspire the reader... not just the writer!

I STILL WANT TO HEAR FROM THE REST OF YOU!!!