Monday, July 24, 2006

Angry people rule the world!

Have you ever noticed how gentle quiet people never rule the world? When was the last time you got "danged" mad about something. Even the Martin Luther King's and the Mahatma Ghandi's were danged mad about something.

I've found that when things get to easy I start getting bored. In my life, I have determined that to be a truly effective leader I must continually be passionately "angry" about something. That doesn't mean that I live a misereable life, but it does mean that I am forever trying to affect change in it!

There are two main types of "angry" people. There are those who are bitter and those who are passionate.

So how do we discover the difference in passion and bitterness.

Here is a short comparison list that I would love to hear your ideas on and add to!

Bitter people are focused on what they can't do about their problems.
Passionate people are focused on what they can do about their problems.

Bitter people blame the current system.
Passionate people revolutionize the current system.

That's a start ... now I want to hear from you. What makes us angry, passionate people, different from angry bitter people?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The position that you are following.

Ken Hendrix said...

Leon you have a great point, the problem I have found is that unless we are passionate to the point of anger, then we will rarely do anything about it. I'm passionate about alot of things in my life, but only the ones that I will get angry about will I generally affect any significant change towards! I guess a better way of stating my point would have been to say "Unless you can get angry about it, you aren't passionate about it", but that just doesn't make for a nice flow to a blog title does it LOL!. Keep the great comments coming!

Anonymous said...

To Leon Ocerg:

If you are convinced that anger is not the concrete emotion for passion, then what is?

You show me a person that isn't passionately anger about what is sacred & valued to him/her & I'll show you a someone afraid of what others will think. I'll show you someone more passionate about wanting to be accepted than what he/she considers sacred. I'll show you someone who is lying between their teeth.

Tell me: what other emotion can be proof of passion?