Thursday, August 31, 2006

I’m A Lustful Person.

I’ve heard a lot about passion lately. Passion, desire, lust it all means pretty much the same thing. We don’t use the word lust a lot though, that just doesn’t sound as politically correct. I don’t hear many people saying “I’m a lustful person.” A lustful person will seek out other lustful people and even reproduce more lustful people. Lustful people are fueled by their lust. They live for their lust. Man, I feel dirty just talking about it. Where is my wife? Look out baby, Daddy is coming home tonight!

I love it when over educated people make things so complicated that we have to have university professors to interpret their meaning. I guess everyone has to have a job though. Maybe I oversimplify things, but I feel like if the emotion is there then it is being produced by some system of thought. People do not get angry just to be angry. They are angry because of what they think about or believe.

I have to disagree with the theory that if you are passionate you are angry. I do get angry about what I m passionate about, but I also get joyful, excited and happy. Jesus was a pretty passionate person. When they make a movie about your passion I would say that in some way you were perceived as passionate. According to the writer of Hebrews, It was for the joy that was set before Him that he endured the cross, not because He was so angry.

Where was His anger in the garden of Gethsemane? Where was His anger when He was moved on with compassion to heal the multitudes? Where was His anger when they spat on Him? Where was His anger when they hit Him? Where was His anger when they nailed His hands and feet to the cross? I do believe that passion will produce anger, but I think our focus is off. Instead of asking what are you passionate about maybe we should be asking what you love. Maybe passion isn’t measured by anger, but by what you love so much you’ll die for.

What do you love so much that you would fly a plane into a building for?

My passion is all about me and how I feel, but let my death be about others and what I love. And may I leave others gawking at “what could a man love so much that he would give his life for it?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know when I love something or someone so intensily I do not care if I do something that others would say were extreme. My love for that is worth everything being given to. Wheter another agrees with it or not, its standing up against all odds and saying no matter what this is what I believe in and this is what I will fight for.
So call it passion, call it lust, call it love, if its real if its true, then will you fight for it?
Take for example two teenagers who have just been in a fight and must explain themselves, Once asked about the fight one claims that the other was talking about his momma, why did he fight? Why did he not just walk away?
The love he has for his mother to keep the honor of her name to him was worth fighting for.
How is this relevant you might ask, what is it that you love that you would fight for? This I must ask myself as well. Because if we could answer this question nothing could in between that love and you!