Monday, August 14, 2006

Why Are You Changing?

What is your reason for changing?

Change can occur readily if the purpose for the change is clear.

For example.. Overnight, becoming a parent changes the habit of sleeping soundly through the night to getting up multiple times.Overnight, the desire to live can motivate one from a pack-a-day smoking habit to stopping cold turkey.Even moving from the couch to the bed or the bed to the bathroom is motivated by purpose.

Perhaps we need to become addicts of purpose and change will just naturally occur.

Just a thought...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I change because I think that is what I am supposed to do. I want to know what the purpose of change is? If the purpose of change was just to change, why not just stay the same? Why dig up all the hurt and pain, deal with it and grow, if not for some greater purpose?
So, what is the purpose of change?

tam7777 said...

The purpose of change to me is not just for me it is for alot of other people and the generations to come. The reason we are here is to change our enviroment. It gives me a rush to think of myself and others could affect generations to come.