Monday, August 14, 2006

Response-able

Are you responsible?

No really, are you able to respond?

What areas of your life are you responsible in/for?

What I have found is that just because I have to do something does not make me responsible for it. When I was growing up I had to clean my room, but ultimately I was not "responsible" for it. I was equipped with how to "do" it, I knew how to pick up clothes, how to vacuum, and how to dust, but my room never was clean. I knew the pieces of knowledge but I lacked the actual wisdom to effectively be RESPONSE-ABLE without someone else pointing out what needed to be done.

How often do we go through cycles in our life and become very good at doing something but totally disconnected from the real guts of why and how we do it. We may know all of the details and may be able to do it really well when someone asks us to, but why does it always require someone to ask us to.

I think we are missing the wisdom. We have the knowledge but we don't have the "wise-dominion" to fully have authority in every moment of our lives.

So once again I ask you... ARE YOU RESPONSE-ABLE?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you get wisdom? Is it simply time, or is it more? I can read the bible, spend time praying in tongues, but for me MOST breakthrough does not come there. Breakthrough for me comes when I flesh it out, with words, with someone else.
When you identify pain in your life, knowing some of the pieces, how do you respond to that? Deal with the pain by yourself? Wait, be patient? Wanting to be respons-ible, and doing it are two different things. How do you make the transiciton?

tam7777 said...

I have gotten wisdom by hanging around people who know more than myself. I pay attention to what they do, how they act,how they handle different situations. Alot of my breakthroughs have come from the mistakes I have made. I am only able to deal with the mistakes I've made, as the Holy Ghost reveals them to me. Then and only then can I even see that I made a mistake. As I go through this whole process I can either ignore them and be in denial or I can deal with them and grow. I myself, even if it is painful--- would rather grow. The choice is mine.