Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Lay down, shut up, and die!

I love the information age. There is not anything that I can’t have detailed, intimate knowledge of. If I want to be a leader, I just buy a John Maxwell book. I can find out exactly what to say in front of the right people when the opportune time is upon me and shazam, I’m a leader! In fact, I think I’ll write my own book on leadership. Then I’ll have a Leadership Conference, Yeah, that’s what I need. After all, I’ve read How To Be a People Person, Developing The Leader Within You, Developing The Leaders Around You, and even The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. I know everything there is to know about leadership. I’ve got all the information. If you don’t believe me, just listen to me talk. I know how to lead from the middle of the pack, the front of the pack, and even the back of the pack.

Oh and passion, Man do I have passion. Just the other day I was at Mc Donald’s and the girl at the window messed up my order. Well, needless to say, I went off! I was passionate about my order. That is what’s wrong with the world today nobody has any passion. I think I’ll write a book about passion. Then I’ll have passion conferences to teach people how to have passion.

After a while, you would think that some one would catch on the fact that, if it was about information alone everyone would change. My question is not, what should I change, but why should I change? Do I change so I can have a better job? Maybe its more money that drives me to pursue higher realms. A bigger house would be nice too, but then, all these things are about me. Surely, there must be something more.

I want to make an impact in my generation. When I leave this world, I do not want to leave it the same way I came into it. Still the question the echoes beyond to borders of self-interest, fame, and selfish ambition is “Why?”

If I answer this question, I don’t have to worry about the “How”. The “Why” will consume the “How?” When I find out the why Ill give my life for it.

Lay down, shut up, and die! Let others write the books about it when you’re gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. It's hilarious to me how a guy can have a seminar on "How to be Financially successful" and people will flock to it thinking he MUST know something that I don't do...he's wealthy. YOU ARE MAKING HIM WEALTHY BY PAYING $150 TO ATTEND HIS SEMINAR!!!! Maybe you should hold a seminar on "How to Make the people around your rich". I love this blog and the information I get from it, but I think that the huge popularity of blogs comes from the same core problem. I want to sit in my nice cozy desk chair and type my message (seminar) and hope that the anonymous reader across the globe will be changed by it. AGAIN, I think blogs are wonderful, just as some seminars are wonderful...but when does the church stop swapping concepts and cliches and actually do something?

Anonymous said...

A very intelligent person I know once said, "If you are asking the questions no one is asking, then you will have the answers no one has." That is the key for me. Asking the questions that I feel like are dumb. Asking the questions that think I already know the answer to. Asking the questions and waiting for the answers. I do not have the answers that will effect this generation and generations to come, but I have the questions that will.