Thursday, September 14, 2006

It doesn't matter...

It Matters - It's much more serious than you think.

Cleaning my room - It Doesn't Matter
Keeping Track of my Finances - It Doesn't Matter
Shaving each morning - It Doesn't Matter
Dressing Nicely - It Doesn't Matter
How I treat my significant other - It Doesn't Matter
The Relationships I pursue - It Doesn't Matter
The Success - It Doesn't Matter
The Failure - It Doesn't Matter
How clean I keep my truck - It Doesn't Matter
If I keep my shoes, tied, shined, and which ones I wear - It Doesn't Matter
What I hear on teh (the) radio - It Doesn't Matter
Typos - They Don't Matter
What time I get to work - It Doesn't Matter
What time I go to bed - It Doesn't Matter
What I look at on my computer - It Doesn't Matter
Thank you notes - They Don't Matter
How I use my time at work - It Doesn't Matter
Where I eat - It Doesn't Matter
What I eat - It Doesn't Matter
How much I eat - It Doesn't Matter
How I manage my time - It Doesn't Matter
What I think Matters - It Doesn't Matter.


What doesn't matter to you?

See the pendulum continues to swing. The key is not in whether or not they matter or don't matter... it's WHY they matter. Jo, you hit it with your post. I was wanting someone to say exactly what you did! Stop saying things matter... when you can't explain why they matter. Because everything that mattered three days ago also didn't matter three days ago. It's the why behind the matters that gives the value.

Think of every action as a currency. The dollar bill you hold in your hand when you pay for your lunch... it really isn't worth anything. Yet it is worth everything... it's the actual gold behind the dollar bill that gives it its value, not the paper and green ink that make it up. The actions you take each day, they mean nothing void of the why behind them! Don't worry Andy... I still think they matter... I just think they also don't matter.

That is why I can't give you 10 things to care about that will make you a passionate person... you better find the passion for yourself and you won't have any trouble finding a million things that matter! I can help you refine the things that you think matter... but I can't find the things that matter to you!

SO... what matters to you... what doesn't matter.... WHY???!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It matters because I care. I care because I want to. I want to because I am passionate. I am passionate because I can't help but be me. I can't help but be me because I was designed that way. And who designed me that way? God. So ultimately if I pretend like something does not matter to me, when it does or vice versa, I am really saying I do not care about God. God doesn't matter.
But God does matter...alot. Actually more than anything else. He matters more than what Ken thinks about me, more than my gifts and abilites, more than me proving ANYTHING to ANYONE, more than being able to lead others. Ultimately HE matters. Not ME, I, or WE, but HE does. At the end of the day that is all there is.

Ken Hendrix said...

So what happens when what someone else thinks about you is what God thinks about you... does that mean that you do or don't care what people think?

Anonymous said...

I do care what others think. In fact, I care way too much. I am in one ditch, but refuse to go to the other ditch. There is a balance. And I have a question, how do I know what you think about me is what God thinks about me? (not just use specifcally, but people in general)

Ken Hendrix said...

ahhh "wife of Paul" I think you get it. ... sometimes we have to stop trying so hard to get it. The point behind it is that it's ok that what other people think matters, as long as you know why it should matter, and then again it doesn't matter what people think as long as you know why it shouldn't matter. Except for why... nothing else matters.

OH and Kudos on the metallica reference... Must be a change addict thing... I love them!

Anonymous said...

Pease porridge hot,
Pease porridge cold,
Pease porridge in the pot
Nine days old.

Some like it hot,
Some like it cold,
Some like it in the pot
Nine days old.

I liked the Metallica lyrics, so I thought I'd add my little flavor.