Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Passionate Action

Ok, after great discussions about passion and on what "matters", I ask a simple simple question. Look at every day for the past week. NOw what % of your time awake did you actually spend doing what you are passionate about? Not talking about it, but doing it. For me it was under 20% of my time. So, functionally that means I am only willing to pay a price of less than 1/5th of my worth for what I say I am passionate about.

What is scary is that I consider myself a highly committed and passionate person. You can only talk for so long before it becomes put up or shut up. So you will hear me increasingly shutting up. Don't worry Change Addicts isn't going away, but I must make BEAING my #1 priority.

Most of us are still caught up in chasing our reflection in the water to use that reflection effectively. For me, I sudeenly recognized that I had my hard head "shoved under the water", looking for the reflection that was me all along.

I know we say EVERYTHING MATTERS, and maybe it does to you, but some things I could care less about. Your opinion of me... I really don't care. So to me it doesn't matter and yet to you it may be very important. As far as I"m concerned, it's not about if it matters or not, it's not about someone talking about what matters, it's not about someone telling me they want accountability, it's about the WHY behind the matter. WHy does it matter, why do you actually care about it, I can care about you because I want you to succeed or I can carea bout you because of what you can do for me, both make you matter, but they will illicit VERY different reactions. It is the WHY that is the $64 million dollar question.

To summarize; PURPOSE is everything, BEING is everything, DOING is everything.

Yes that means that you cannot seperate purpose, being, and doing as far as reality is concerned. THEY ARE THE SAME THING. I'm tired of takling about potential, I'm tired of talking about where I will be one day, the thing that is most important (as of today) is TODAY! Tommorow will take care of itself, I will take care of today, the purpose in my being and doing today! The Being that dictates my doing and is built on the structure of my purpose. And the Doing that is a direct indication of my perceived purpose and my actual being.

GET OUT OF FINDING THE REFLECTION, GET OUT OF TALKING ABOUT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, and just start DOING!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GET OUT OF FINDING THE REFLECTION, GET OUT OF TALKING ABOUT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, and just start BEING!!!!! Pointed directly at Emilee, "Start being something, focus on Me (Jesus), and I (Jesus) will take care of the doing." I can't begin to express my frustation with the doing. I have been so caught in what "I" can do, what is in "me", "my" gifts, that I haven't been focused on the only thing that matters. HIM! Everything matters, and none of it matters, without HIM!

Anonymous said...

I've discovered that the BEST and the MOST JOYOUS things that I have attained, have come through the "doing" and the "waiting" when no one else is looking or seeing what you ALREADY see. The hardest thing, though, is when you keep doing; and you still don't see the results you desire. I guess this is when you keep pushing, and get out of the DARN RUT you're in!!

Anonymous said...

It's like what the lepers said why lay here and die. When you just flow out of who you are not who you think you are. Yes and waiting is a hard thing to do but in the waiting you will learn all sorts of things about and yourself about your purpose.